To Paigey--From Mommy
My little Paigey,
I've seen and experienced a lot of wonderful things in my life.
It would take a lifetime to explain how much I loved your papa the day we got married. Everything about that day was beautiful.
I've seen trees covered in fluffy snow. I've seen lakes still and smooth like a mirror. I've even seen the Hope diamond!
You don't know what a thunderstorm is yet but they are powerful and awesome and I've seen and been amazed by my fair share. Last summer Papa and I drove through the Blue Ridge Mountains and even though I was afraid, I'll always remember how beautiful they were.
YOU are the most magnificent thing I've ever been a part of.
The minute you were born I knew that you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and ever would for the rest of my life. I waited a long time to get a look at you and it was worth it.
You've gotten more beautiful every minute of every day.
I'm supposed to sleep when you sleep (they say) but I can't. I love to watch you sleep! You like to keep one little fist at your side and one up by your face (I guess in case you need to nibble on your fingers).
Your hair pokes up on the top of your head (not unlike Papa's) and its so soft! Like a baby duck's butt!
Sometimes you move your little mouth while you're asleep and I try to imagine what you are dreaming about.
You have the most beautiful perfect skin. You have the most beautiful long eyelashes. You have the most wonderful baby smell.
I adore every drop of you Paige.
I love the way you growl when you are hungry and the way you smile when you are full.
I love your squinty eyes when you cry your little raspy cry, and how when I hold you tight and whisper in your ear you'll stop.
Sometimes my heart aches when I think about how much I love you and how lucky I am that you're finally mine. The only way to make it stop is by hugging and kissing you over and over.
There is nothing in this world that could be more wonderful than one minute spent with you.
I love you so much Paigey, I'll love you forever.
-Mommy
1 comments:
I am so happy for you Jen. I love you and now I love Paige too.
Congratulations.
And Paige, you are one lucky little girl. You have the best Mommy and Daddy and they love you very much. They have been waiting for you with so much anticipation. Knowing how much joy and love you would add to their lives. You have been in their lives for about a month and a half and it is evident how much you have already blessed them.
Post a Comment