When it rains it poors!
Last Monday Paige experienced her very first thunderstorm. Thankfully there were no thunderclaps loud enough to wake her up. I don't think she would be afraid.....the louder and more obnoxious we behave, the happier she gets.
On a more serious note, we've had more bad news than good around here. First, we found out that Paige's health insurance will not cover the entire bill from her birth. We will be stuck paying off her NICU visit for the next two years. We of course didn't know this at the time we were in the hospital. Not that it would've mattered. It isn't like we would've refused intensive care for our newborn. Even scarier, her insurance coverage is still pretty crappy and we can't do anything about it until November. This will of course cost us more money as well. Lets hope Paige doesn't have any major health crisis between now and then...or ever I guess.
Second, our WONDERFUL daycare lady Wendy let us know on Friday that she will be moving and no longer doing daycare. I'm devastated! I cried when I read the note and am afraid I may again when I drop Paige off on Monday. I had a really hard time going back to work, but Wendy has been a Godsend. I can tell how much she loves Paige and its going to be hard knowing she has just a few weeks left with her. That being said, we are now also dealing with searching for another provider (that we can afford, that will take an infant, that is close to home, that is as good as Wendy...sigh)
Third, We woke up this morning to a warm refrigerator. We had to send the few valuable things from our freezer (yes, that includes breastmilk) over to Jessie's. Can we afford to repair/replace our current one? Please read the beginning of this post. The timing is bad on this one because we have Paige's party on Sunday...not that anyone will be there. Not a single family member, either side, has said they are coming. Of course grandma's & grandpa's will be....greats too I think. Ben & Jessie are coming...we'll party with or without everyone else I guess.
I could go on, but crabby blogs are always more fun to write than they are to read.
Hopefully things will start to turn around soon. Paige had more pictures taken at JCPenney's that I'm SURE will cheer us up when they arrive. We are really looking forward to her dedication and what that commitment is going to mean to our family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment