Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mommy has Pleurisy


Sigh.....so, we were back in the ER again today...

Paige is fine. In fact, she is feeding tube free for the day. It was time to replace the old so we made a day of it. She had pictures taken at JCP and Brenna and Ben from daycare happened to be there! Mike and I replace the tube tonight and then take her in for an X-Ray to confirm placement. She'll do her weight check at that time too.


No, I was the one behind the drama today. I woke up with chest pain yesterday and tried to ignore it...all day....and all night....I couldn't ignore it anymore by 6am today, I was in quite a bit of pain and discomfort.


The problem is, when you call your clinic and tell them you have severe chest pain and want to see a doctor, they laugh at you and tell you to go to the hospital. I told Mike and Paige to stay home and my dad met me at Unity. We actually saw the same doctor who helped Paigey earlier this month.


The diagnosis is pleurisy....though my tongue keeps wanting to say Pelosi (current speaker of the United States House of Representatives) weird right?


The treatment is some big time pain medication and crossed fingers that the pain subsides in a day or two...as opposed to a week or two...


Anyway, I left the ER right around the time Paige was having her pictures done. I showed up at JCP with my hospital bracelet on my wrist, a cotton ball covered in tape on my arm, and a couple of leads peeking through my shirt. Classy.


I'll post again tonight if there is anything remarkable about Paige's new tube placement.


--Jenny

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP