Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Andrews Park Egg "Hunt"




* Paige just woke up from her nap and was telling Daddy about the Easter bunny we saw today. She said "he was scared." I think she is probably right.



I understand that the title of this post implies that eggs were searched for, however that wasn't really the case. A perimeter was set up at Andrews Park in Champlin complete with construction cones and police officers. In the center of the perimeter were what appeared to be...oh...3 to 4 hundred candy filled plastic Easter Eggs just lying in the open, but within the perimeter. As Paige and I stood outside the cone line (which is more than I can say for at least one mom who felt a good 8 feet inside the perimeter and a scant 6 inches or so away from a pile of eggs was more appropriate for her children...ahem...I digress) I was shocked to see the number of 1 to 4-year-olds...and their entourages....growing and growing and growing.....and growing. The video in this post doesn't quite do it justice. I told Paige she could run and pick up just 2 or 3 eggs...which she was just fine with. As soon as we were out of danger I swapped the City of Champlin candy for some Teddy Grahams ("Peddy Gams") and we showed our loot to our friends Alecia, Matt & Emerson. Kind of a fun experience...and she'll be ready for Black Friday Christmas shopping with Mommy that much sooner!


0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP